Show Notes Episode 9, Back to School Episode
Topic: Going back to school can be a very stressful time for children. For those who have never gone to school, fear of the unknown is very real. Others may not be sure how their vision loss might affect what they are able to do and achieve. Dr. Bill Takeshita and Dr. Diane Christian will share ways parents and fYes amily can help make the school experience more enjoyable for everyone.
Resources for this Episode
— Sign up Individual: https://www.bookshare.org/signUpMember
—Sign up Organization: https://www.bookshare.org/signUpOrganizatio
— Join Learning Ally: https://learningally.org/About-Us/Join
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/thrivingblind/
Thriving Blind Online Academy:
Thriving Blind Stories Succeeding Without Sight Book
Available on Bard: Book Number DB97202
- Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/Thriving-Blind-Stories-Succeeding- Without/dp/173206640X)Without/dp/173206640XWithout/dp/173206640X)
CCLVI Council of Citizens with Low Vision International
- CCLVI is an international nonprofit organization and community of individuals who understand low vision needs and experiences. We are here to provide support, resources, education, and advocacy for those who are impactedk by low vision and visual impairment. From publications, to live Zoom calls, online resources, and conferences, discover what we have to offer you.
- Website – https://cclvi.info
- Toll Free Information Line – Tel 1-844-460-0625
Let’s Talk Low Vision
This podcast is a monthly series, recorded on Zoom and distributed in many formats. It is a vibrant discussion featuring Dr. Bill Takeshita as the host. The shows include guest speakers, resources and special topics related to adjusting to low vision.
Copyright, Council of Citizens with Low Vision International, 2021. All rights reserved.