Join us online and discover the ACB Media Network
The ACB Media Network is your one-stop site to access the ACB digital media library.
- Find what you are searching for quickly; whether it is the latest podcast in a series or to access any of ACB’s 10 live streams to hear your favorite program or a great selection of music.
- You can also find the latest content from the ACB Braille Forum and ACB Voices Blog.
- The Calendar features ACB events and our ACB Media program schedule.
Make sure to bookmark this page to access all that ACB Media has to offer and check back often for more updates!
Ways to Connect to ACB Media Programming
Amazon Alexa enabled device (RECOMMENDED)
Alexa “Ask ACB Media to play Media n”. (n = stream number). For example, to listen to General Session during National Convention; “Alexa, ask ACB Media to play 1”
PC / browser access (RECOMMENDED)
Visit acbmedia.org at http://www.acbmedia.org/n (n= stream number). The site has a built-in media player and there is no need to install or use a media player on your device. Hit the play button and the stream will begin playing immediately.
Smart device Access (RECOMMENDED)
Download “ACB Link” from your app store. Find “Radio” along the bottom of the screen, then “Menu” in the top left corner. Select “Streams” and then choose the stream you wish to listen to. Double tap the play button.
Victor Reader Stream Access
Navigate to “Internet radio library” in the “online bookshelf”. Locate the Humanware playlist. From the playlist, select ACB Media n (n = stream number) and hit play.
Dial-In Access for programming originating in Zoom
Dial the Zoom access number provided with the schedule information for the session. When prompted, enter the meeting / webinar ID followed by #. You will hear the exact same program that is being streamed on ACB Media.
Alternate Dial-In access (not recommended)
Dial 1 (518) 906-1820. Listen to the menu prompts and press the number for the stream you want. Please note that this is a free service provided by Zeno Media. This service is limited in terms of simultaneous listeners and ACB does not warrant this service. If dial-in is your only option and the program is originating in Zoom, we recommend that you dial-in to the Zoom meeting / webinar directly (see above).
The ACB Radio Tuner is no longer supported. If you used the tuner in the past, you may access all ACB Media streams from acbmedia.org (see above). If you are using alternate ways to access ACB Media streams than those above (such as Tune In or Winamp using acbradio.org bookmarks/URL’s, we kindly ask that you use one of the methods shown above.
- October 24, 2022, All day: Braille Forum Deadline for December 2022 Issue
ACB Media Network News
In an effort to modernize ACB radio’s live streams as a part of the ACB Media Network, The American Council of the Blind will be updating its popular Alexa skills. This new skill will provide greater ease of access with minimal technical hick-ups. Effective June 27th, the current skills used to access ACB Radio over Alexa-enabled devices will no longer work. To listen to ACB Radio streams, please follow the below simple steps to access the newly created skill:
From your Alexa-enabled device first Enable the skill by saying:
Alexa, Enable ACB Media.
- Launch the skill by saying:
Alexa, Open ACB Media.
- You’ll then be asked what stream you would like to access. As convention season ramps up, listeners will have ten streams to choose from. With so many choices, we are moving to a numbered order for the streams (Think BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, etc, but in this case use ACB).
- Ask for the name of the stream that you would like to hear. For example, to hear the General Sessions at the convention that had previously been on ACB Mainstream, then tune in to open ACB Media 1 by saying:
ACB Media 1 Or simply “ACB 1
Below provides names for each of the stream designations:
- ACB Mainstream is now ACB 1
- ACB Mainstream 2 is now ACB 2
- ACB Treasure Trove is now ACB 3
- ACB Café is now ACB 4
- ACB Community is now ACB 5
- ACB Live Event is now ACB 6
- ACB Special Event is now ACB 7
- (new) ACB Convention is now ACB 8
- (new) ACB Convention is now ACB 9
- (new) ACB Convention Information is now ACB 10
To follow along during our upcoming 60th annual ACB Conference & Convention, please refer to the convention daily announcements or the ACB Convention web site to determine the stream you should use for the event you are interested in hearing. The new ACB Media Alexa skill adds a special channel for information about this year’s ACB convention. This includes things like the convention daily schedule, the convention newspaper and other important convention details. . After launching the ACB Media skill ask for the Convention Information stream by simply saying:
Convention Information or ACB 10
Stay tuned as we continue to prepare for the launch of this year’s annual convention. Additional information about the ACB Media Network along with audio-based tutorials will be launching soon. We will distribute this information once it becomes available. ACB is excited to provide you with these important technology advances to help keep you up to date on how to access the ACB Media content that you need and enjoy. For any questions, please reach out to [email protected].