Show Notes Episode 2022, # 3 An Avalanche of Amazing Amazon Alexa Abilities
This episode is for you whether you have an original Alexa, or one of the multiple generations of Echo Dots, or a Show, or a studio, or any of the other devices. You have just scratched the surface of what she can do to make your life easier and tasks simpler. Join the CCLVI crew as we share hundreds of little-known tips with this simple tool.
A Short List of Alexa Functions Mentioned
- Play podcasts
- —Podcast example “Alexa play the podcast Let’s Talk Low Vision
- Ask for recipies from food network
- Ask for the time or weather in different locations
- Ask for the time in different time zones
- Ask for it to convert times by time zone
- Add things to shopping list
- —When you add something to your shopping list it is available in the Alexa app under lists.
- Question of the day
- Thumbs up if you like something
- Thumbs down if you don’t like something
- Word of the day
- Bookshare Reader skill
- Drop in feature
- Calendar: Setup your calendar on Alexa to make appoints, her your schedule, etc.
- —-It synchronizes with the Microsoft Outlook calendar, Google calendar, and iOS calendar.
- Alexa, Beam me up Scottie!
- Alexa, tell me a riddle.
- Alexa, play the top 100 of 1976.
- Many, mnay more shared in this episode
Resources for this Episode
Let’s Talk Low Vision
This podcast is a monthly series, recorded on Zoom and distributed in many formats. It is a vibrant discussion featuring Dr. Bill Takeshita as the host and Jessie Wolinsky as co-host. The shows include guest speakers, resources and special topics related to adjusting to low vision.
Website – https://cclvi.info/events/ltlv/
General inquiries – [email protected]
Copyright, Council of Citizens with Low Vision International, 2021. All rights reserved.
This podcast is powered by Pinecast.