Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
2021 Virtual Conference and Convention
Thursday, September 16, 2021
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Maggie Felton, MSN, CRNP, Clinical Nurse Educator. Vanda offers the only approved treatment for Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24), a serious, chronic disorder that disrupts a person’s circadian rhythms. Non-24 affects up to 70% of people who are totally blind, whether you were born blind or became so later in life.
- Democracy Live, Bryan Finney, CEO. OmniBallot is an ADA compliant solution that allows people with disabilities to accessibly exercise their right to vote. We will demonstrate the accessibility our system offers.
- The Seeing Eye, Chelsea White, Outreach Specialist. The Seeing Eye enhances the independence, dignity and self-confidence of people who are blind through the use of specially trained Seeing Eye® dogs. Come join folks from The Seeing Eye to learn about our program and what we’ve been up to lately. We love questions, so come ready to ask.
- Accessible Pharmacy, Andy Burstein, Founder. Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind is a home delivery pharmacy service specializing in blind and low-vision patients. They are the only provider of its kind and the largest blind-owned healthcare company in America.
- EnVision America: Advocating for Accessible Prescription Labels in the Store and at the State Capitol, Sharla Glass, Public Policy Liaison. For those who can’t clearly read their medication labels, accessible prescription labels can be crucial to ensuring medication safety and adherence. Find out more about advocating for accessible prescription labeling locally at your pharmacy and statewide through support of legislation such as Pennsylvania House Bill 89.
Find out more at https://acb-events.pinecast.co
This podcast is powered by Pinecast. Try Pinecast for free, forever, no credit card required. If you decide to upgrade, use coupon code r-af0929 for 40% off for 4 months, and support ACB Events.