2022 ACB Telephonic
Board of Directors Meeting
Friday, April 1, 2022
- Call to Order: Dan Spoone, ACB President
- Roll Call and Introduction of Staff and Guests: Denise Colley, Secretary
- Review and Approval of Agenda: Dan Spoone, ACB President
- Review and Approval of Minutes: March 11, 2022 (D.C. Leadership Conference): Denise Colley, Secretary
Mission Moment: Dan Spoone and Eric Bridges
ACB Making A Difference: ACB Leaders participate in NIH Listening Session on accessibility of COVID19 home testing kits: ACB was the “Chief Influencer” at the NIH Listening Session on Thursday, March 24 with representation from Clark Rachfal, Advocacy Director; Jeff Thom, AAVL President; Kim Charlson, Perkins Library; and Clair Stanley, NDRN Policy Advocate. These ACB members all raised their collective voices to demand accessible home test kits for our members and our blind and low vision community. We got their attention. Many thanks and a great big Hip, Hip, Hurray!
- Decision on Hybrid Versus Virtual for the 2022 Conference and Convention: Entire Board
COVID 19 Registration Rules for the “In Person” Portion of the 2022 Conference and Convention: (Optional based on decision in
Recommendation from Convention Steering Committee
A. Vaccine Requirement: All individuals attending the 2022 Conference and Convention in person will be required to show proof of vaccination before receiving their convention badges. Registrants with medical or religious exemption letters must provide a negative independently verified COVID19 test administered within 48 hours of the time the registrant receives their convention badge.
B. Facial Masks Will Be Optional: All ACB Conference and Convention official meeting rooms will have a section of the room area identified as a “Mask Required Seating Area”. All participants seated in this area will be required to wear masks. All other seating in the meeting rooms will be mask optional areas.
C. Other Hotel and City of Omaha Areas: These areas will follow the current COVID19 guidelines currently in place in the local community.
Support for the Blind and Low Vision Community in Ukraine through the WBU:
Proposal To Authorize $1,000 From the ACB Disaster Relief Fund, Kim Charlson, President of the WBU North American and Caribbean Region
- Form Ad Hoc Committee to Better Define Policy for Roles and Responsibilities for ACB Board, Staff, Program Steering Committees, and the EOS Leadership: Dan Spoone, ACB President
- Clarification on 2021 Financials, Nancy Becker, ACB Chief Financial Officer
- Request for Board/Staff Workshop on 2022 Strategic Planning
- Review and approval of the standing rules for the 2022 Conference and Convention: Jeff Thom, ACB Board of Director
- Executive Session
Find out more at https://acb-events.pinecast.co