Show Notes Episode 49 Behind Our Eyes Discussion
Co-hosts: Cheryl McNeil Fisher and Kathy King
Discover the power of support for writers with disabilities through this vibrant non-profit. President Alice Massa, Annie Chiappetta and Joan Myles share information, and answer questions about Behind Our Eyes’ programs and opportunities. What will you find when you listen? Just a sampling: writing critique groups, reading sessions, pilot program, book launch team, member benefits, personal growth, and the publications and periodical which this talented community produces. Inspiration and encouragement await as we learn more about this organization’s writing resources and secrets of success.
About Behind Our Eyes
Behind Our Eyes, Inc. (BOE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization enhancing the opportunities for writers with disabilities. BOE has published several anthologies, have an online periodical, Magnets and Ladders, and holds weekly virtual events. Behind Our Eyes supports and inspires the writing of people with disabilities, develops and promotes positive public opinion regarding people with disabilities, provides meaningful programming for members through accessible technology, and publishes works generated by the group.
Anthologies Published by Behind Our Eyes
- Behind Our Eyes: Stories, Poems, and Essays by Writers with Disabilities. (2007). Available through NLS/BARD DB 65632 and BR17432, BookShare, & Amazon
- Behind Our Eyes: A Second Look. (2013) Available through NLS/BARD DB 77772, BookShare, Amazon, & Kindle.
- Behind Our Eyes: (2022) Available soon. Check our website for details.
Resources for this Episode
- Behind Our Eyes – Visit the web site for details https://www.behindoureyes.org/
- Membership form – https://www.behindoureyes.org/mform/form.php
- Magnets and Ladders – https://www.magnetsandladders.org
- Read on website, NLS cartridge
- Members and nonmembers may submit
- Awards- Cash prizes and honorable mentions
- Writing prompts, contests, Open Mic events, and more from Writing Works Wonders!!
- All details available at our Contact Us Portal
- Website www.WritingWorksWonders.com
- Podcast email [email protected]
- Phone or text 347-467-0221 (Not a toll-free number)
- Sign up for free writing prompts, Zoom links, contest and special events! Click to sign-up for our Email List
- Support this podcast through our Tip Jar or Patreon
Please Follow Us- We want to be social 😉
Cheryl McNeil Fisher – Author, Keynote Speaker, Educator and Coach. Seminars and Workshops Adults and Children. https://www.cherylmcneilfisher.com/ Submit your work for publication on our site. Guest blogging, poetry, short stories at: https://www.livinginspiredfullyeveryday.com/
Dr. Kathleen P. King– Author, Author Coach, Speaker & Professor (Ret.). http://www.transformationed.com/ Interested in technology and adult learning? Check out Dr. King’s newest book from Wiley: http://bit.ly/King2017
Streaming and Rebroadcasts
We are proud to be hosted by ACB Community, streamed live on ACB MEDIA Channel 5, and rebroadcasted on 986TheMix.com Internet radio station and ACB Media.
Find more resources and episodes for this podcast at https://writingworkswonders.com/
Support Writing Works Wonders: Advancing Beyond Barriers by contributing to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/writing-works-wonders
Check out our podcast host, Pinecast. Start your own podcast for free with no credit card required. If you decide to upgrade, use coupon code writing for 40% off for 4 months, and support Writing Works Wonders: Advancing Beyond Barriers.