Show Notes Episode 41, Chad Allen – Audio Comics
Co-hosts: Cheryl McNeil Fisher and Kathy King
This episode reaches far beyond audio comics- innovation, advocacy, art, transmedia, classic literature, political unrest, creative challenges, magic, and more! Audio described comics? Audio comic books? Chad Allen describes his innovative approach to comic books for people who are visually impaired and blind. We will discover how he grew his idea into a production and morphed success into a contract with a large company.
- Readers learn about the messages embedded in this dynamic comic adventure which adults and teens alike will enjoy at different levels of understanding.
- Chad reveals to writers his perspective on the imoact of art, other literature and the passive and active aspects of the creative process.
- Comics as modern mythology!
- And just where does tap dancing fit in? You have to listen to find out!
Breaking down barriers for writers and readers alike on Writing Works Wonders.
Enjoy our Writing Group & Writing Prompts!
Writing Prompts and readings are at the end of the interview! Our podcast listeners are invited to participate as well. Visit our site and click Contact Us (https://writingworkswonders.com/contactus/writing-prompts/) to post your resoonses to the writing prompts at any time! You may also receive them via email when you sign up for our weekly email/Zoom links.
About Chad Allen
Chad is a multidisciplinary artist and writer who happens to be blind. He is the creator of the Audio Comic UNSEEN which premiered at the Exploratorium Museum in San Francisco as a part the exhibit on identity Self, Made: Exploring You in a World of We.
Chad is also a magician and has appeared on Penn & Teller: Fool Us and America’s Got Talent. His goal is to give audiences an opportunity to reframe their perceptions of blind people and vision.
Chad says in a LA TIMES article, “You don’t see art with your eyes. You see with your brain, and that’s what I’m trying to teach people more than anything.”
For more information, please contact Chad at: [email protected]
- Unseen- The Audio Comic, https://www.unseencomic.com
- Twitter handle @AccessibleComic, https://twitter.com/accessiblecomic
- Chad’s Magic website,https://www.chadallenmagic.com
- Writing prompts, contests, Open Mic events, and more from Writing Works Wonders!!
- All details available at our Contact Us Portal
- Website www.WritingWorksWonders.com
- Podcast email [email protected]
- Phone or text 347-467-0221 (Not a toll-free number)
- Writing prompts, Zoom links, contest and special events! Sign-up for our Email List
- Support this podcast through our Tip Jar or Patreon.
Please Follow Us- We want to be social 😉
Cheryl McNeil Fisher – Author, Keynote Speaker, Educator and Coach. Seminars and Workshops Adults and Children. https://www.cherylmcneilfisher.com/ Submit your work for publication on our site. Guest blogging, poetry, short stories at: https://www.livinginspiredfullyeveryday.com/
Dr. Kathleen P. King– Author, Author Coach, Speaker & Professor (Ret.). http://www.transformationed.com/ Interested in technology and adult learning? Check out Dr. King’s newest book from Wiley: http://bit.ly/King2017
We are proud to be hosted by ACB Community, streamed live on ACB MEDIA Channel 5, and rebroadcasted on 986TheMix.com Internet radio station!
Find more resources and episodes for this podcast at https://writingworkswonders.com/
Support Writing Works Wonders: Advancing Beyond Barriers by contributing to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/writing-works-wonders
Find out more at https://writing-works-wonders.pinecast.co